Friday, August 31, 2007

Wee 9, #23: I DID IT!!!!

I can't believe it!! I really did it! I was really, really reluctant to even try this whole exercise but my supervisor encouraged me to give it a try. I was sure that failure was in my future because technology is not intuitive for me (as it appears to be for everyone else). My brain usually just doesn't get it. However, my co-workers have been very helpful and patient as they have guided me through the learning process. So what have I learned? I'm a lot more comfortable with the whole process of registering on sites, exploring them and moving stuff to my blog. Creating my avatar was fun and I really enjoyed exploring the winning websites on Web 2.0. I'm still investigating those on a daily basis. I wish I had known, in the beginning, about all the multiple registering and sign-in I would have to do so I would have made sure to use the same password. Some exercises were more difficult then others and were very time-consuming. I skipped around a little rather than going straight thru the lessons but I went back and completed each one. I would definitely try another program in the future but would like a little more guidance. All in all, this has been a great learning experience for me. I guess "you CAN teach an old dog new tricks."

3 comments:

scrapping addict said...

Congratulations on competing your 23 Things! I am currently completing Thing 14. I discovered your post while exploring Technorati.

Congrats again from a library staffer in Baltimore, Maryland.

FRIENDS said...

i can't find the pictures of dakota in different colors.

Nyrahs said...

Yeah!!!! I'm still going to win the Wii so don't even think about it.